Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sunshine

Hello from the frozen tundra of the Midwest! Okay...yes, I know, it's April 25th, but it was only a couple days ago that I woke up to a completely white world again. This year Old Man Winter has just clung on for dear life and not wanted to let go so Spring could come save all of us who are desperate for sunshine and warm weather! From what the weather people are telling us, Spring - and with it, warm weather - is finally on its way!


Now, I know many people out there do suffer from increased Fibro symptoms with the cold, so those who live in the midwest (and anywhere else that Spring has been delayed) are likely looking at the forecasts with big grins for the upcoming week.

We're so excited for the warm weather, that my husband is already making plans for us to meet up with friends at a local restaurant that has a nice patio for this weekend - while I'm just excited for the warmth of the sun and the relief it seems to bring to the fatigue and achy muscles of Fibro. But, before I went running for the fields to get my unobstructed dose of sunshine, I did a little looking online to see what the medical experts have to say about the subject. I found an article at Health.com entitled: Can the Sunshine Vitamin Ease Fibromyalgia Pain? It was interesting to find out that, there is actually some evidence that people with Fibro tend to have lower levels of Vitamin D...which is why so many of us feel so "good" when we are able to take in a good dose of Sunshine! BUT, remember, too much sun can be bad too...so dig out the sunblock, the shades, flip-flops and tank tops - warm weather is on it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment to my blog. I appreciate and encourage feedback and insight into how others are LIVING their lives despite their fibromyalgia symptoms. Please share my blog and feel free to share my posts so we can make the world more aware of this invisible syndrome!

Have a pain free, wide awake, full of energy sort of day!! :)