Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tomato, Cucumber & Red Onion Salad

I've just realized that once it gets warm out, we pretty much live off of tomato based fresh salads...I have another one today to share with all of you out there. I hope you're as big a fan of tomatoes as I am! Unfortunately I don't have step by step pictures for today's post, I thought of it after I was all done with the chopping and mixed the salad up...but here it is:


Tomato, Cucumber & Red Onion Salad
4 Medium Tomatoes (chopped)
1 English Cucumber (chopped)
1/2 Medium Red Onion (thinly sliced)
1/4 c Basil-infused Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

In a small bowl, fill with cold water. Thinly slice the red onions and put in the cold water while you chop up the tomatoes and cucumber. Drain red onions and combine with tomatoes and cucumber. Add basil-infused olive oil, salt and pepper and mix until evenly coated. Enjoy!

My husband and I also add a little bit of feta cheese, but it's excellent on its own!

1 comment:

  1. I make this often during the summer when tomatoes and cucumbers are fresh. Sometimes I also merinate the salad in Italian dressing for about and hour before serving. Delicious!! My mom loves it...Pamela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment to my blog. I appreciate and encourage feedback and insight into how others are LIVING their lives despite their fibromyalgia symptoms. Please share my blog and feel free to share my posts so we can make the world more aware of this invisible syndrome!

Have a pain free, wide awake, full of energy sort of day!! :)