Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tomato Klamata Olive Quinoa Salad

As many of you may know, to manage my fibro symptoms, I went gluten free a couple years ago. I've found many ways to alter my favorite "comfort" foods to gluten free, but every once in a while, I come across something new, tasty and refreshingly healthy. Today, I had my first experience making Quinoa. I made it and used it in a salad recipe I got from a "health fair" at work a while back. I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it is and, to top it off, my husband likes it too!


The ingredients are really pretty simple, you may even have these in your fridge and cubboard already.

1 cup Quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 cup Klamata Olives, roughly chopped
1/2 cup Green Onion, chopped
1/8 cup Fresh Mint, chopped
1/8 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1-2 Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/8 cup Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Bring water to boil, add Quinoa, reduce to simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is soft, about 15-20 minutes.



Set aside and chill. Combine herbs, tomatoes and olives.



Toss with chilled Quinoa. Drizzle Olive Oil and Lemon Juice over the top. Mix well. Season with Salt and Pepper.



Approx. 6 servings

This can be refridgerated overnight or enjoyed immediately.

**This recipe was originally created by Chef Marshall O'Brien with Taste Success


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment to my blog. I appreciate and encourage feedback and insight into how others are LIVING their lives despite their fibromyalgia symptoms. Please share my blog and feel free to share my posts so we can make the world more aware of this invisible syndrome!

Have a pain free, wide awake, full of energy sort of day!! :)