Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Banana, walnut, dark chocolate oatmeal muffins

I just realized today that it's been just over five months since I last posted something...Oh how time flies! So sorry for my absence, I have been quite busy though - working my full time job, working and managing my small business, trying to buy (and sell) a house, and trying to help me husband find a new job near where we're planning to move to. Ugh...that's quite a tall list for a "normal" person, and I do have to say, I've been quite proud of myself for keeping my stress under control through all of this! I have made some fabulous new foods during this time - which I hope to start sharing with all of you again very soon, as well as found some more wonderful new foods that help me stay on track with my GF diet!

One of my favorite new websites (which most of you have probably also become addicted to) is Pinterest. I have found SOOO many fabulous ideas, recipes, products and just general time wasters on there!! One of my favorite things though is that Pinterest allows those who are on a GF diet to so easily share their favorite recipes. Here's a link to my Gluten Free Foods pin board and since I haven't been keeping up on photographing my cooking sessions, here's a link to one my most recent FAVORITE breakfast/morning snacks -- Banana, walnut, dark chocolate oatmeal muffin:


**Photo borrowed from Green Lite Bites blog

I used the recipe provided by Green Lite Bites blog and made a couple additions/twists to suit mine and my husbands tastes.

Ingredients:
3 Ripe bananas
1 cup Almond Milk (milk, or I've even used French Vanilla Coffee Cream)*
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
3 cups Old Fashion or Rolled Oats (I just used a generic of quick oats)
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts (or any other nut you prefer) - Optional

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees while mixing the ingredients.

2. Smash the 3 ripe bananas until smooth then mix the milk, eggs, baking powder, vanilla and oatmeal. Mix thoroughly. Add in dark chocolate chips and nuts (optional) and mix until well combined.

3. Spray your muffin pan with Pam or other non-stick spray or put liners into pan.

4. Generously scoop batter into muffin pan - the muffins don't really rise so they'll be about as big (or little) as the batter you put in the pan. I divide the batter into 12 nice sized muffins.

5. Bake 25 - 30 minutes - or until they begin to brown just a bit on the top.

6. Remove from pan and allow to cool - ENJOY!

*If you use milk alone, also at a bit of splenda, truvia or other sweetener - When making with milk I use 4 packets of splenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment to my blog. I appreciate and encourage feedback and insight into how others are LIVING their lives despite their fibromyalgia symptoms. Please share my blog and feel free to share my posts so we can make the world more aware of this invisible syndrome!

Have a pain free, wide awake, full of energy sort of day!! :)